Good news, everyone! Buying NFTs on Rarible has become much easier, as Rarible now accepts Visa and Mastercard.
Continuing our efforts to make Rarible the most accessible and user-friendly platform for digital items, we have partnered with Wert, a licensed virtual currency provider, to successfully integrate credit card payments. This new option allows you to pay for NFTs directly with a credit card in 190+ countries. As simple as that! The funds get automatically converted to ETH at the current rate, meaning that the seller still gets paid in crypto.
This will be particularly useful for new users who want to explore the exciting world of NFTs without going through the hurdles associated with buying and holding crypto, as this integration enables you to buy any NFT in just a few clicks.
You will find that there are two types of NFT sales on Rarible.com: fixed price and auctions. Below are the detailed instructions for how to participate in both using your credit card.
Buy an NFT at a fixed price
- Browse the marketplace and select the NFT you’d like to purchase.
- Once you’ve selected the NFT, press the blue button that reads “Buy for X ETH” at the right bottom corner.
- During checkout, select the “Pay with VISA” tab. It will let you know the full amount in USD that you have to pay, including the service fee, blockchain fee, and exchange provider fee. The service fee and exchange provider fees are fixed at 2.5% and 4% percent respectively, while the blockchain fee depends on the gas price and may vary depending on how busy the Ethereum network is.
- Press “Continue”. At this point, Wert will ask you to complete a one-time KYC/AML verification to verify your account. Note, this step will likely take a few minutes.
- Once your account is verified, and you’ve entered your card details, you can make the purchase! The NFT will then safely appear in your wallet.
Buy an NFT at an auction
If you want to bid on an NFT in the auction, you can also do that — but you’ll need to top up your wallet with ETH first. No worries though! You can also do that with your credit card and even Apple Pay. In order to do that:
- Click on your profile picture at the top right corner, and then press the “add funds with VISA” button.
- Enter the amount of US dollars you want to deposit and select the payment method (Apple Pay or Card Payment)
- Complete the one-time KYC process and enter your payment details,
- Voila! ✨ You will get the corresponding amount in ETH to your wallet, which you can then use to bid on NFTs or buy them at once.